.JIMinMA.

Default Auxially battery with isolator and solar battery maintainer

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

".JIMinMA." wrote in message

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
If starting, the voltage will be below 13.4V and the batteries will

not
be
combined. I installed one on my boat as the electronics power cycled

when
starting the motor (351W inboard). They happily stay on now. The

only
isolators I have seen have been the diode units. The combiner is a

relay.
Bill

Your right. I didn't think of that. Battery voltage typically goes to

about
10 V when the engine is cranking so the West Combiner/Isolator would be

in
Isolation mode. How do you handle an emergency start situation when the
starting battery is dead?
Jim

I have a Guest dual battery switch. The combiner is hooked up to the 1

and
2 battery connections and then off the #2 connection is a wire to a single
battery switch. The electronics runs off the single switch. So to run

the
boat I have to turn the dual switch to #1 and also turn on the single
switch. If #1 is dead, just turn the dual switch to #2. I lost a

Pinpoint
sonar unit when starting one time. The EMF kickback from the starter /
solenoid blew a cap and the power supply in the unit.
Bill

Where does the combiner read the control voltage from?
Jim