Marc

Default Batttery combiner and charger setup

I suspect something is wrong, but need confirmation. I have three
deep cycle wet group 24's as the house bank and 1 deep cycle wet
group 24 as the starting bank. A 150 amp combiner is installed
between the banks and both banks are connected to individual legs of a
xantrex 20 amp charger.

The boat sits in a slip with shore power connected, charger on, and a
reefer running 24/7 off the house bank.

I am losing electrolyte faster in the starting bank than the house
bank.

Question : Since I have a combiner, should the charger be hooked up
to both banks? Could this be causing the electrolyte loss?