JAXAshby

karl, you of all people really should know the difference between a boat and a
ship. you should also know (I bet you do) that a ship at anchor is under
constant positive watch and control. you should also know (I bet you do) that
in a really bad approaching blow, ships head to sea away from the storm.

From: (Karl Denninger)
Date: 10/3/2004 7:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time

In article ,
JAXAshby wrote:

All chain rodes have been used and reasonably popular since long before
you started going to boat shows.

My boatshow going experience goes back to the 1950's. All chain rodes

didn't
start to become popular until the later 1980's and didn't really hit stride
until the mid 1990's.

Some people did it long ago, but most of them lost their boats early on.

Really?

That would include all the ships that have all chain rodes, right?

Karl Denninger ) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights
Activist
http://www.denninger.net My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!
http://www.spamcuda.net SPAM FREE mailboxes - FREE FOR A