JAXAshby

Anyway, like I said, all chain rode has been in common use for decades.
I suspect mainly because it holds so well.

a.) all chain rode only became popular on recreational boats when boat owner
got old, fat and bought boats big enough to need need anchors over 20#, and

b.) all chain doesn't hold very well at all in a blow. If you doubt that,
check the anchorages during and after the next blow, see which boats dragged --
due to an "act of god", of course -- and which did not. then check to see how
they anchored.

NObody chains a boat to a dock or rock onshore. why would anyone chain a boat
to a rock under the water? (ans: they don't. they fully expect their anchor
to drag.)