William G. Andersen

Thanks for the information...now I need to take the time to open the case
and see what I can do.

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
An LED will disburse throughout a sheet of plastic and show up brightest

at
any scratches, printing or other deformities in the surface. OTOH, if

the
display is an LCD any light in front of the LCD array will make it a lot
harder to read. You have to light LCD displays from behind. That is
usually done by placing a frosted edge lit acrylic sheet or
electroluminecent panel behind the LCD array.

"William G. Andersen" wrote in message
But aren't LEDs very focused, directional light? I'm hoping for a soft
illumination - not another bright light.