Steve

Default Parking Fees

This year the WA parks dept started charging for all parking at state parks.
$5 for day use. (some park ranges have seen this to mean 'no overnight
parking' and therefore charge another $10 in addition for a vehicle left
over night.. (this doesn't seem to apply in the camp grounds but does apply
at some marine parks.

However, at the launch ramp the they charge $5 for a launch and recovery and
includes the parking (I assume) for a day.

For God Sake, don't let them set up your parking fee system with an
Attendant.. This would create several new employee positions that would cost
far more than the fees collected.

Here they use an honor system. You put your parking or launch ramp fee in an
envelope/drop box. The information flap is NCR and you retain a copy and
place it in the windshield of your vehicle. The range has enforcement
authority and can right tickets if there is no proof that you dropped a fee
in the box. So far I have only seen warning tickets..

For day parking we can purchase an annual parking permit for about $50 and
seniors get that for free if they are low income.

Steve