.JIMinMA.

Default Auxially battery with isolator and solar battery maintainer

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
If starting, the voltage will be below 13.4V and the batteries will not be
combined. I installed one on my boat as the electronics power cycled when
starting the motor (351W inboard). They happily stay on now. The only
isolators I have seen have been the diode units. The combiner is a relay.
Bill

Your right. I didn't think of that. Battery voltage typically goes to about
10 V when the engine is cranking so the West Combiner/Isolator would be in
Isolation mode. How do you handle an emergency start situation when the
starting battery is dead?
Jim