Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:13:18 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Karl Denninger wrote:
In article ,
Harry Krause wrote:

Global Warming Is Expected to Raise Hurricane Intensity
By ANDREW C. REVKIN

Published: September 30, 2004

Global warming is likely to produce a significant increase in the intensity
and rainfall of hurricanes in coming decades, according to the most
comprehensive computer analysis done so far.

Hilarious.

By the 2080's, seas warmed by rising atmospheric concentrations of heat-
trapping greenhouse gases could cause a typical hurricane to intensify
about an extra half step on the five-step scale of destructive power, says
the study, done on supercomputers at the Commerce Department's Geophysical
Fluid Dynamics Laboratory in Princeton, N.J. And rainfall up to 60 miles
from the core would be nearly 20 percent more intense.

Note the logical problem with this.

There is no consensus over whether global warming IS EVEN HAPPENING, and
further, there is a problem with distribution of the warming - which
interestingly enough, according to the EVIDENCE we have, is not being
distributed where such a study needs it to for this to happen.

Indeed, the "evidence" is completely missing for such a postulate.

The truth, Harry, as I'm sure you are aware of, is that there are cycles in
both hurricane activity and global climate. They're NORMAL, and caused by
environmental factors that are outside the scope of man's control.

Karl, I am NOT a physical scientist. But I am a good reader. I've read a
lot about global warming, including "dissertations" on both sides of
what has become a politicized issue.

The verdict is not in, but there is a lot of evidence that indicates the
climate is changing, and that the warming that is taking place is having
deleterious effects now and in the future, and that we are having some
impact on the "environmental factors."

It behooves us to take some steps to lessen our negative impact on the
environment, especially since we do not know with certainty which side
is ride.

The problem is just like which side of the aisle you sit in church -
the good side or the other good side.

Global warming science is shaky at best. Recent studies in Antartica
indicate that the ozone hole that everybody was shaky about ten or so
years ago may also have a natural cycle. We just haven't been here
long enough, not is there enough human historical data, to make that
kind of decision.

It does not mean that some sort of pollution isn't happening - it is
happening. But that's different than Global Warming.

The whole Global Warming thing is somebodies pet theory and that's
about it.

Later,

Tom