Old Nick

On 1 Oct 2004 10:38:30 GMT, (William R.
Watt) vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Old Nick ) writes:
On 30 Sep 2004 13:25:27 GMT,
(William R.
Watt) vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

Nothing is ecologically sustainable when humans get hold of it....

come to Ottawa and visit the Dominion Arbortetum

Ok....when humans want to _use_ it? I actually "own" (and pay the
interest on!) 50 Ha (125 Acres) of "useless" native flora and
fauna.......twice the area you are talking about.

If I miss the irony of your rebuttal (is the grin ironic or
challenging?), then forgive me. I cite the above as evidence of my
goodwill.

I want to see the "DA" used as a commercially viable, sustainable
source of timber. That's "use" as I define 99.99% of human "get hold
of it".

My point is that bamboo is not _ecologically_ sustainable, because it
needs sustenance, and we humans will grow it until the ground that
sustains it is depleted. Then we pour chemical sustenance in until the
situation becomes intolerable. Meanwhile we have a heap more people to
use the "extra" ply available.
I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I
am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about
the things I know I am right about.