Harry Krause

Steven Shelikoff wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 07:21:28 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Global Warming Is Expected to Raise Hurricane Intensity

While that may or may not be true, it hasn't been happening yet. Even
this year, which seems so bad, is hardly out of the ordinary wrt the
total number and strength of hurricanes. All that's happened is that
Florida has been unlucky enough to get 4 of them.

As you can see from
http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/Landsea/deadly/Table5.htm
the total number hurricanes as well as of major hurricanes to hit the US
has trended down since the first half of the century and will probably
be trending up again because of the hurricane cycle that's been observed
since the 1800's. See
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/hurr...icanes-amm.htm

So when the hurricane cycle does start trending up, of course everyone's
going to conclude it's due to global warming. But it will be at least
another half century before we know whether that's true or not.

Steve

Hey, Steve...you know those anti-sub airplanes we used to discuss when I
live in Jax?

They followed me here.

For the last month, there have been dozens of flights of those planes
near our farmette. I haven't investigated, but my guess is they are
training flights coming out of the PAX NAS, heading about 30 miles up
the coast, and then circling back. They sure as hell can't be looking
for subs in Chesapeake Bay.

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?