Keith Hughes

Adam,

Despite snide assertions to the contrary, garden variety Home Depot /
Target type fridges work fine, and hold up well in a boat - depending on
your specific needs. We used one for 12 years in a SJ26, and it was
going strong when we sold it. Some surface rust, but what the heck. We
did use it only on 110vac, however, and you can pretty much count on the
inexpensive units being quite inefficient. Not the route you want to
take if you plan to run on DC for extended periods. Evaluate your
usage, then look at the relative power consumptions and determine which
will meet *your* needs. You may have to spend the bucks to get the best
solution to your needs, and you may not. If you need the DC option, RV
supply houses are a good place for mid-priced units, as previously
suggested. Good luck.

Keith Hughes

P.C. Ford wrote:
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:16:54 -0400, "Adam" wrote:

Thanks Peggie;
To adopt this for dual voltage is not a problem and it cost less than $100
Still looking for $600
Adam

Whatever is your point? Are you saying the marine materials are
overpriced? Ah, now there's a man with an keen eye for insight.

You are comparing a domestic 'fridge which exists in a highly
competitive, highly efficient marketplace to a marine 'fridge which
has neither. Oh, and the construction is different.

But hey, put the unit from your local discount appliance dealer on
your boat. Good luck to you.

Oh, and I suppose you can buy parts for your boat at the auto parts
store for 1/10 the price. I wish I had a nickel for every time I've
heard these lines.