JAXAshby

junnie, do you read what you write? if so, why do you hit the "post" button?
you just got done saying that anchoring in 20 knots gusting to 30 involves no
shock loads beyond what you can expect in 2 knots gusting to 3.

what a duffus. hell, junnie, you didn't even score the miserable 625 in math
that even hoary was embarrassed to write about.

btw junnie, wanna tell us what you did score on you math SAT?

"Gene Kearns"
Date: 9/28/2004 2:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time
On 28 Sep 2004 15:15:16 GMT,
(JAXAshby) wrote:

Please point to reference, at any time, to "steady winds with no
waves."

genie, *you* made the arguement that no shock loads were involved, therefore
*you* argued the case of "steady winds with no waves."

dummy. can't you understand your own posts?

Clearly you have me mixed up with somebody else... or you just dreamed
this position up. I never mentioned "steady winds" nor did I mention
"no waves" nor did I imply in any way this was or would be the case.

My point has always been that if shock loads are involved they are
absorbed by a properly sized chain rode payed out over a proper scope.

One doesn't have to position themselves at the end of a long bungee
cord to prevent shock loading..... the link you posted to the formulae
associated with catenaries proves it, as I posted the same link in
support of my position. You now flip-flop again and try to argue both
sides of the matter.

What difference does it make, anyway? You have already pointed out
that in your experience on LIS, the boats drifting at anchor were
caused by improper rode.... not choice of material....unless you feel
that one can use any length of rode successfully just by using a piece
of rope instead of chain. Is that your new position?
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/ Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where Southport,NC
is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time