jchaplain

Default largest, fastest trailerable cruiser

Is that clearer or am I still missing your point?

Harlan

In article , Harry Krause
wrote:

Harlan Lachman wrote:

The subject line says it all. What are some of the largest, fastest
(40+ mph), trailerable (8'6" beam) cruising capable boats worth
considering?
Harlan

You need to consider all sorts of aspects of how and where you want to
use the boat and what you want to haul it with, and how far, before you
start asking these kinds of questions.

Yes, you're missing the point.
There are all KINDS of boats. What do you want to do? Fish? waterski?
Go real fast? Overnight? Once you figure out what KIND of boat you
want, then you can look at prices, towing weights considering the
vehicle you have....etc...

For instance, I decided....

Fishing - not important.
Comfort and style - important.
Speed - fairly important.
Berth for live aboard ( week at a time) - important.
Ability to trailer anywhere anytime important.
Price range had to be moderate.
I ended up with a Stingray 240CS with a tandem trailer.

http://www.stingrayboats.com/product...hp?model=240cs

Had I wanted a speedboat, I would have gotten something else ( mine
only does 50mph.)

Had I wanted a fishing boat, I would have gotten something else (
Grady White or Parker.)

And even when you finally decide, it's always a tradeoff. Heck, part
of me really wanted a sailboat!

John C.