Wayne.B

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:11:50 GMT, (Karl
Denninger) wrote:
During Ivan I was at a dock with a passel of lines spider-webbing my boat in
place. Post-storm when I returned to the (safely tied up and undamaged)
vessel my chafe gear on the lines that took the predominant load from the
east winds was severely damaged. For chafe gear I use cut-up fire hose -
arguably the toughest stuff around for that purpose.

Did you use anchors to spring the boat away from the dock pilings?
Boats rubbing against pilings, or worse yet, riding over a piling top,
seem to be one of the main sources of damage for boats that did not
break loose.