bb

Default Sigh: The Season, She is Over

On 24 Nov 2003 10:50:00 -0800, (basskisser) wrote:

Again, if you know what you are doing, it only takes a few minutes to
brighten up a chain. Now, mind you, I'm not talking about a chain that
hasn't been sharpened in a long time, that takes time to regrind into
decent shape. I was taught early in life that if you file your chain
often, it doesn't take but a few minutes, and makes cutting SO much
easier. If you let it get dull, then it takes a long time to file
sharp.

I have to agree with the above. For years I'd use a chain until it
was dull, then just buy another one for $20. I'm now in the habbit,
when I use my chainsaw, of sharpening the chain, cleaning the whole
rig, and putting it back in it's plastic carrying case. It's sure is
nice, when I need it, to find it clean, sharp and ready to go. Damn,
I'm turning into my grandfather.

bb