Gould 0738

Indeed, Bush has done nothing significant to help the 43 million
Americans without access to health insurance, and most of these folks do
not have access to decent health care, either. Another area where Bush
failed.

Hey, this is America, not Russia. Those lazy n'er-do-wells who don't have
health insurance should just get a second, or third job, or as many as it takes
to earn the money to pay for it. Or go without. Whoever promised these people a
free ride?

(My wife and I have contemplated retirement. We're in our early to mid-50's.
One of the spoilers is health insurance.
In our state, coverage for the two of us would approach $1400 a month, and
continue to go up each year as we age. Easily done if either one of us is
working- but what sort of retirement would it be with one spouse working? How
many burger flippers can afford $1400 a month?)

While we're at it, we need to review our minimum wage laws. Why shouldn't the
free market set salaries and wages? If I can find somebody desparate enough to
work for $2.75 an hour, I should be able to pay that little, (and bill their
time at $75).
Until we drive our expendable working class into the same kind of poverty and
deprivation they experience in India, Thailand, etc, how are we ever going to
sustain corporate profits and still compete with the products we import from
overseas?