Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:47:57 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Alan Parr" wrote in message
. com...
I am interested in learning to navigate, but am wondering where to
start. Basic questions I have include:
- where can I buy dividers, compass and charts (e.g. St. Croix river
area),
- is there a recommended class (online or distance learning) for
navigation this winter, and
- in the long-term is there a certification for pilot or navigator
that is worth obtaining for cruising?

All input is appreciated, thank you.

Alan

.....and I forgot to mention: Absolutely, positively get yourself the book
"Chapman Piloting, Seamanship and Small Boat Handling", by Elbert S.
Maloney. Not easy to find in bookstores, but you can order it from
www.westmarine.com.

IDIOT!!!! NIMROD!!!! BOZO!!!! NUMB NUTS!!!!

Oh, wait, this is a boating thread.

Never mind - my bad. :)

Later,

Tom