Harry Krause

JAXAshby wrote:
hoary, most people on LIS anchor properly, for the anchoring conditions on LIS.
namely, a largesh Danforth on a few feet of chain and a lot of nylon. people
who anchor on LIS seldom "drag anchor".

the people I have had a problem with are those frickin lazy *******s who use
all chain (because it runs through an electric windlass easier) and often on
too short of scope and then "drag anchor" across the anchorage hitting boats
all while claiming it is "an act of god" and not their fault at all. I was
nearly hit by two such lazy *******s in twenty minutes, one of which went on to
take out a 52 foot boat behind me.

There are lots of people with rope-chain combos who do not know how to
anchor, and whose anchors drag. There are plenty of situations where
you'll drag with almost any single anchor combo or technique. There are
inlets with significant winds and currents and tidal forces where it
doesn't matter what you are using, chair-rope, all chain, or a skyhook:
you're lucky if anything works in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure
I have successfully anchored in places where you wouldn't dare.

Stop trying so hard to be the agent provocateur of boating knowledge. It
makes you look more foolish than your famous Speedo swimsuit photo.

hoary, I have sailed a number of places not on LIS. In fact, my own boat is at
this moment several hundred miles away from LIS.

Yeah...where...in Columbus, Ohio?

--
We today have a president of the United States who looks like he is the
son of Howdy Doody or Alfred E. Newman, who isn't smarter than either of

What, me worry?