Dave Hall

Default Friday Ethics Question

Harry Krause wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:

Says you. According to an on-line survey that was features here a month
or so back, I fall to the left of GWB, and only slightly to the right of
center.

You're a right-wing control freak, Dave

Control? Hardly. I'm for freedom, the freedom of choice. As long as
those choices are not morally wrong.

But you want to control determining what is morally right or morally wrong.

I don't want to control anything. What is morally right or wrong
*should* be fairly obvious to anyone with a conscience.

It's morally wrong to allow children to be hungry, cold and in need of
good medical care. Do you agree?

I do. I also agree that it's morally wrong, and highly irresponsible to
bring children into a world where they will be hungry, cold and in need
of medical care.

Dave

But once those children are here...they must be supported properly,
either by their parents or society. After all, they didn't ask to be born.

Right, they didn't. But all too often children are born to people who do
not have the necessary skills (or even desire) to be parents (ties right
in to the teacher's thread), whether emotionally, psychologically, or
financially. But rather than just giving those families money, I'd adopt
a more pro-active approach that focuses on the kids, and how to put them
in a more productive environment. Society, unfortunately, tends to favor
the notion that kids are better off with their own family, even if they
might be crack addicts.....

Dave