basskisser

Default Sigh: The Season, She is Over

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 15:42:52 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Don White wrote:
I just spent part of the afternoon trying to get a large snag branch down
from a big old ash tree on my front lawn.
This was damage left over from hurricane Juan.
What a struggle. It was hooked up well.
Since I don't own a chainsaw anymore, I had to use my tree limber with it's
foot long curved blade on the end of the pole.
After cutting through a number of medium sized branches, the snag came
crashing down, narrowly missing the wife and
mini-van. D'oh!

I've not owned a chain saw for many years, but I'm considering the
possibility. We lost some trees during the last big storm here;
fortunately they fell where they do no harm. Plus I have some scraggly
stuff at the edge of the woods I'd like to cut down.

If it's for occasional use near your house and you are only going to cut
stuff less than around 8"-10" diameter, consider getting an electric
chain saw. They're cheaper, much more convenient and very capable.

But I absolutely hate sharpening chain saw chains.

Again, if it's for occasional use, you can go years without sharpening
the blades.

Steve

Funny, that goes against what most chain saw manufacturers suggest,
and that is to sharpen the chain before each use. Once you learn how,
it only takes a few minutes to do.