Harry Krause

Default Composite stringer grids, redux

K Smith wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
K Smith wrote:

You're an outboard motor manufacturer?

I like to keep my nails in good order so just like the people who run
any other of the manufacturers I don't physically manufacture anything,
but save that caveat.

But you claimed to be an outboard motor manufacturer. Now you say you
aren't. Well, that clears taht up.

Yep definitely an OB manufacturer, there's a pic of the first, you've
seen it for years so again that's for sure, I'm an OB "manufacturer" I
accept there's nothing in the pic that confirms it as a diesel, sadly
other than it's size:-) but hey.

You mean, you watched some guys weld someone else's diesel onto a
jury-rigged lower unit? That does not make you a manufacturer.

Where's your factory?

None of your business (it's not "mine").

Uh-huh. Then you are not a manufacturer as you claimed.

Describe
your distribution system.

At this stage it's been word of mouth, we have no trouble with people
wanting them, to the extent it's an annoyance to the blokes because I'm
a bit conservative.

Oh, sure. How many have you built and sold?

Who are your dealers?

If & it's still an "if" I decide to make it a bigger operation there
will be no dealers not ever.

Even better.

The plan would be to advertise & anyone who
wanted one would buy direct & be supplied direct from stock held in
distribution warehouses at various locations. Dealers in general are
parasites on society, yes they rip consumers off for at least 20% but
that's the tip of the iceberg, they also rip their suppliers off
whenever they can get away with it. So NO dealers.

Likely because no dealer would deal with you.

Where is your
literature?

There is some but not for you, nor anyone other than locals who are
likely to actually buy & "if" I did go offshore I want to maintain
complete control over the marketing, i.e. no dealer types "have I got a
deal for you" & all I need do is give them some "rights".

Heheheh. Right.

Where are the news articles about the "Taipan" diesel
outboard?

I've not "promoted" them in any manner other than as I said word of mouth.

Uh-huh. Sure.

How many outboards have you produced?

A "few" I'm not making any claims, but enough for me to justify the
venture to myself, thus far.

Who has bought them?

Mainly commercial users, heavy things like work barges, & net fishermen,
but this is partly related to them so far being diesels. The next lot
are going to include petrol 4 strokes & yes, before you throw your so
called bad back out, we're hoping they'll be instantly EPA compliant
because of the core engine.

Uh-huh.

Got
any sold in the United States? Anyone who might show us one?

No none, haven't tried, however it's a big place & I'm always surprised
the interest people show. Till lately I got regular emails asking
questions & wanting more info. Changed my email to stop spam.

I'll bet.

You are full of crap, Karen.

The only references to a "Taipan" diesel I
could find referred to model airplane engines.

Here's the reference:

"For the benefit of our American readers, influenced by our then still
strong British ties, diesels maintained a strong presence in
control-line in Australia during the late 60's, particularly at an entry
level. It was a time when temptingly boxed c/l kits still dominated the
local hobby shop display shelves, and finding pre-mxed diesel fuel
wasn't akin to a search for the Holy Grail.

The blokes tell me it was just ether from the chemist & caster oil???

For many kids of the era,
their first or second engine would frequently have been a 1.5cc or 2.5cc
Taipan diesel manufactured locally by Gordon Burford, the local fame
equivalent of Duke Fox and our our local living legend. It was the end
of a time when, although prohibited, kids could still get away with
flying a control-line model in the park without someone calling the police."

Gee this is getting to you isn't it?? well done:-)

Naw. Easy to find. The only reference, as it were, to a "Taipan diesel"

Taipan diesel outboard indeed.

Again how do you deal with the fact that you've seen one on the
rec.boats page???? what the fairies manufactured it???

It was an ugly piece of crap that could have been anything. Looked like
it was welded by a first-year student.

You registered a trade name used by
someone else.

I do license the use to others which is expected as I hold the trade
marks in my own personal name. Even my own blokes within my own corp,
have a "license" when they use it.

Someone else used the name Taipan diesel before you did. And in
Australia. Are you infringing?

Karen, straight to your face, on your monitor. You are full of crap.
You're no more a "manufacturer" of diesel outboard motors than I am a
heart surgeon.

Find yourself another fantasy.

--
Email sent to is never read.