Jack Erbes

Glen "Wiley" Wilson wrote:

snip
Rubbish indeed. The fix you mention is buried among a lot of old NT
fixes, but this may help.

Look at the "/fastdetect" option. It works for me.

Thank you for the tip, I'm surprised that fix has not surfaced before in
my life.

I just went and looked at my boot.ini file and found this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microso ft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect

Something had already added that option to mine, I'm wondering what did
that. This is my home computer and I have never had the problem there.
I have seen it happen 2-3 times in the last year and it was always on
computers on boats that all were running XP if I remember right.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com