Matt Langenfeld

http://www.worldpanel.com/Marineplywoods.htm

Scroll down to the 2nd chart. I've used their products and found their
published information to be accurate.

William R. Watt wrote:
In "New Plywood Boats" TF Jones gives the weight of 5mm okume marine
plywood as 1/2 pound per square foot, which is the same weight as lauan
underlayment which I think is 5.22mm. They may not be the same thickness
but would be substituted for each other in small boats.

In "Dingy Building" Richard Creagh-Osboren gives the following weights for
boatbuiding timber, not plywood, but probalby close enough ..

okume 25 lb/cu ft
lauan 37 lb/cu ft
meranti 25-45 lb/cu ft

I thought meranti was a type of lauan but I was wrong. Like lauan, meranti
seems to be a species of tree with different varieties used, two mentioned
by Creagh-Osborne are Borneo red Sereya and Oba Suluk. Confusing for the
boatbuilder.

For comparison, douglas fir is 33 lb/cu ft

the above weights are within a pound of what is listed in "Skene's
Elements" for the one's given in Skene's. not all are there.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm