rhys

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:16:54 -0400, "Adam" wrote:

Thanks Peggie;
To adopt this for dual voltage is not a problem and it cost less than $100
Still looking for $600

Well, Koolatron and Coleman and a few others make front-opening
Peltier coolers that run on 12 V or 115 V AC via an included adapter
for well under $200. I got a 32 quart model I stash under the V-berth
that holds about 40 cans of "beverage" for $99. I clean it out when
(as occasionally happens) frost forms, but generally I leave it on
unless I'm sailing, at which point I wrap a Mylar blanket and a
sleeping bag around it. Keeps the beer cold until the next shore power
outlet OR I can always run it off the 12 VDC at 3-4 amps.

The bonus is that most of them can be used as food/drink warmers by
reversing the plugs...nothing like hot sake when working under the
tarp here in Toronto in February...brrrrr!

Top-loading is better...how badly do you need the single tray of ice
cubes a tiny fridge can produce?