Peter Cheimets

Default AMF Sailfish Hull Construction

Folks,

I have an old (I have had it for 30 years, and I got it used) Sailfish
(Alcort? AMF?). The hull is leaking. I fiberglassed a crack in the
bottom but it still leaks. There is a plug in the back so that you can
drain it but that gets old, and the thing weighs a ton because it is
never dry.

I plan to find the leak, and fix it, but I'd like to dry the inside out
as well. Does anyone have any insight into the construction of these
hulls? This information would be useful in finding the source of the
leak and figuring out the best way to dry the hull.

Thanks,

Peter
--

Peter Cheimets
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory ,__o-

(617)495-7350 (voice)
(617)495-7098 (FAX)