Me

In article ,
Woodpecker wrote:

I have a rather annoying problem with a mouse-gps powered by the
computer and connected to the serial port: The computer sometimes
thinks it is the seral mouse (used for clicking etc).
To get around this I have to manually connect the mouse-gps after the
computer has booted. The system is stationary hidden away in my boat
and not that easy to access.

I've tried with both seral and USD mouse-gps units and getting the
same problem I assume this is computer related.
The computers (I've used several giving the same problem) are all Win
2000 and it seems to be the P-n-P mouse detection that messes up if
there is a signal available while the system is booting.

Has anybody else here seen this problem and how do I cure it
permanently?

Time to upgrade you Windoz OS past 98SE......

Me