Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Dave Baker wrote:

On 23 Sep 2004 02:20:12 -0700, "StageFT" wrote:

i'm searching for recieving only. the one you've bought, is that only a
reciever or also a transiever?

The Nauticast is a transceiver - all units listed by me are transceivers
unless specified.

Originally I was looking at getting a receiver only, but then they talked
about Class B transceivers being the best option for small boats, so I waited
a while.

Since then I haven't found any Class B transceivers, but have watched the
price of Class A units fall from US$20k to US$11k to US$5k & now finally
below US$4k which was my original budget anyway. Now I may need to buy 65 of
them! :-)

The idea is that Class B units should cost around US$500 - the specs for them
were only recently finalized, so I presume they should start coming out
reasonably soon.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.

Check out the following link.

http://www.shinemicro.com/

I have known the owner for many years, and he is one of the VERY Best
Marine Electronics Designers in the country. He has one of the best
resumes for RF and Digital Design, in the industry. Been on the cutting
edge of Marine Electronics Design, since we both worked at Northern
Radio Company back in the early 70's.

Bruce in alaska Tell Mark, that Bruce sent you
--
add a 2 before @