Keith

Pretty sure that if you update to the latest windows updates, it'll cure
that problem. There are other ways around it that I'm sure other folks will
tell you. The easiest is to turn on the GPS last.

--

Keith
__
"Woodpecker" wrote in message
I have a rather annoying problem with a mouse-gps powered by the
computer and connected to the serial port: The computer sometimes
thinks it is the seral mouse (used for clicking etc).
To get around this I have to manually connect the mouse-gps after the
computer has booted. The system is stationary hidden away in my boat
and not that easy to access.

I've tried with both seral and USD mouse-gps units and getting the
same problem I assume this is computer related.
The computers (I've used several giving the same problem) are all Win
2000 and it seems to be the P-n-P mouse detection that messes up if
there is a signal available while the system is booting.

Has anybody else here seen this problem and how do I cure it
permanently?