JAXAshby

schlackoff, you are even a worse chemist than you are a sailor. I suggest you
ask some high school kid to explain what happens to octane when you remove the
oxygen.

go stand in the corner.

(Steven Shelikoff)
Date: 9/23/2004 11:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time
On 23 Sep 2004 12:12:48 -0700, (Matt Lang) wrote:

I find it highly unlikely that there are no Oxygen (O) atoms in gas....

There are, but tiny amounts. Gasoline is mostly hydrocarbon molecules,
which like the name implies, is only hydrogen and carbon atoms. There
are many of different types of hydrocarbon molecules in typical
gasoline. However, there are also trace amounts of other compounds in
there, some of which contain oxygen atoms as well as sulphur, nitrogen,
some metals ...

Steve