Taco Heaven

Even if all of the audience is Republicans, they can have an extremely large
audience and still not come close to being the majority of Republicans.
Also, it has not been proven that those Republicans who do listen believe
any or all of what they hear on those shows.

So what Gould was guilty of is making generalization concerning the
Republicans based upon
"slogan, rumor, insult, and easily remembered but out-of-context sound bytes
to attract
that portion of the electorate that is more numerous, but less mentally
adept

smile.

"Taco Heaven" wrote in message
Doug,
I am glad you got a good education and have continued to learn. My point

Gould was the two surveys below showed that Republicans have a better

formal
education than Democrats.

See link: http://plsc.uark.edu/arkpoll/fall99/party/PAGE4.HTM

And the higher the education level the more informed the voters a

http://www.policyattitudes.org/emsappxb.htm

So the higher the education, the less they will be influenced by sound
bites, slogan's, rumors and insults.

So if Gould is going to make statements such as " " the right wing relies

on
slogan, rumor,
insult, and easily remembered but out-of-context sound bytes to attract

that
portion of the
electorate that is more numerous, but less mentally adept."

It is not supported by any facts. In fact, two independent surveys show

the
opposite to be true.

Gould believes most Republicans get their facts from Rush and Hannity. I
have not seen any surveys that show most Republicans listen to either
one.

Well, then find a label for the enormous audience enjoyed by idiots like
Rush & Hannity. We know the audience is large because companies like Clear
Channel never EVER carry programming unless it turns a profit.
Incidentally,
I suspect the audience is not primarily Dems.