Gordon Wedman

There are minute black mold streaks in the wood grain now. We would like
remove it all.

Not sure if you really need to do this if you are going to sand. Were you
thinking of improving the appearance before the major sanding/varnishing?

Before varnishing I think it is generally recommended that you wipe down
with Acetone to remove surface oils. Teak is an oily wood.

"Michelle" wrote in message
I'm sure there is a better way but both this and last seasons, the

humidity
got the best of us and the interior teak was inundated with mold. We

removed
it to the eye but were told not to use any bleaching products on the wood.
There are minute black mold streaks in the wood grain now. We would like

remove it all.

We planned to sand down everything this Fall and revarnish but does anyone
have any recommendations as to how the wood should be treated before
vanishing? We were also told Murphy's Oil Soap should be used sparingly.

Feedback of your experiences are welcome

Thank you!!