Dave W

A suggestion......making a half model by the lift method is not a good way
to make an accurate model with good looks. First of all, the finished hull
will have the dead horizontal lift joint lines. Secondly, stacking 5, 6 or
seven lifts together and ending up with anything close to the proper overall
height is NOT possible. I find it much easier more pleasant to make a solid
block (with contrasting wood for waterline and boot top), cut out station
sections in sheet metal and carve an accurate model. Details if interested.
Dave
"0_Qed" wrote in message
Tim Mueller wrote:
...snip...

Many thanks for the reply ...

I managed to muddle, `round & `round ...
thru Garden's books ( inter liby loan )
& on to Mystic Seaport's print archive ...
which yielded most of what I need .

Had a 'reality' check ...
went from a 1:12 scale reduction to 1:24 ...
:-)

Also stumbled onto Garden's Vagabond hull ... very similar ...

"Lifts" ...
Yes, using appropriatly sized( & scaled ) thickness 'lifts' ...
laminated .

Cobbled up a pantograph for scaled , thin_lined 'copies' ...
beats Kinko's digital bit_map copier all hollow ...

Ed