Dave Baker

On 23 Sep 2004 02:20:12 -0700, "StageFT" wrote:

i'm searching for recieving only. the one you've bought, is that only a
reciever or also a transiever?

The Nauticast is a transceiver - all units listed by me are transceivers
unless specified.

Originally I was looking at getting a receiver only, but then they talked
about Class B transceivers being the best option for small boats, so I waited
a while.

Since then I haven't found any Class B transceivers, but have watched the
price of Class A units fall from US$20k to US$11k to US$5k & now finally
below US$4k which was my original budget anyway. Now I may need to buy 65 of
them! :-)

The idea is that Class B units should cost around US$500 - the specs for them
were only recently finalized, so I presume they should start coming out
reasonably soon.

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.