RG

Default cost to switch to 15 inch shaft

My reply to Habbi was incorrect. I was on the way out of the door and didn't
stop to think.

The Jackplate ( I've had two before) might wind up doing the trick. The
current very short (14 ft) boat with a 15 inch transom....has a CMC-PT35
power trim and tilt already added. That puts the motor back about 5 inches,
and supposedly raises it about two inches.

While the CMC-PT35 does exactly what IT is expected to do...what with the
too-short transom and the set-back, the motor apparently isn't far enough up
in the water column to gain the advantage of the set-back. ( I run in
extremely shallow water). If I ADD a jackplate, that will just increase the
problem due to additional setback...maybe I'll wind up switching the
jackplate for the CMC trim unit ???

Another alternative is adding a heavy (1/2 or 3/4 " )aluminum plate to the
CMC unit, and just raising the motor another couple of inches without
causing much more set-back.

I bought this boat used 2 years ago, and love it for it's skinny water
characteristics..but it has never planed out as well as I would like. Just
looking for solutions or ideas. Thanks RichG