Dave Baker

On 23 Sep 2004 01:17:55 -0700, "StageFT" wrote:

I am searching for cheap Automatic Identification Systems, suitable for
small boates. I found some on the internet, but all of theme were on
the websites of dealers. What I want to know is some of the
manufactores of the systems. Does anybody here know some website of the
manufactores or other information?

Are you looking for transceivers or just receivers?

I've just gotten quotes from a whole heap of manufacturers, and ended up
buying some from Nauticast. The Furuno FA-100 is also pretty cheap. All are
between US$3k & US$4k.

Manufacturers I can think of from the top of my head a

Nauticast, Furuno, L3, Simrad (Seatex)

Don't bother with TMQ in Australia unless they have changed tack - they first
said yes & then no.

Transas have a receiver-only unit - AISR T300.

Euronav (www.euronav.co.uk) have a receiver-only unit - AI3000

Jotron have the Tron UAIS TR-2500

Sealinks (www.sealinks.net) have a receive-only unit & vague plans (last time
I spoke to them) for a full B-class unit.

If you do get into AIS I've set up a discussion forum at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/Maritime_AIS/
It's only set up recently & not "advertised" so no members yet. I've just
bought some AIS mobiles & AIS base stations which will be integrated with
DGPS reference stations & ECDIS displays for a vessel traffic monitoring
system. Still waiting for delivery, after which I expect to have lots of
questions myself! :-)

Dave

The email address used for sending these postings is not valid.
All replies to the group please.