John Hill

On 22 Sep 2004 23:44:54 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

A few, what, ten or maybe hundred malcontents, in a population of
millions. Hell that isn't even a good Saturday night where I come
from.

JH

You come from a place without basic services, suffering rampant unemployment,

Now why is that I wonder ? Does it have anything to do with the brutal
regime that has recently deposed. 20 years ago Basra was a thriving
trading centre. Saddam soon stopped that though eh ?

and where candidates lining up for jobs with the police department are killed
by the dozens on almost a daily basis?

Killed by the dozens, not in Basra matey. I don't have enough
intelligence in Baghdad only what I see from the press and my on the
ground sources in Basra indicate that what is reported is far from a
real picture.

You come from a place that is occupied by a foreign power trying to keep a lid
on a percolating civil war between rival religious factions?

I've worked in Northern Ireland - which at the time was pretty much
like that - except the civil war was real and the funding came from
American liberals

Tough neighborhood.

It had it's moments.

JH