JDavis1277

Default How Would You Rate This Boat Dealer???

Harry,

That's a given. Met him at the Pickett Street (851?) location in Alexandria in
77 or 78. My member number was 77341 or thereabouts. It was fun shopping
there whenever I was stationed in DC or had to travel there for consulting.
I've noted no big changes in the local Mobile and P'cola stores since the West
Marine purchase.

FYI, Killinger Marine in P'cola is now another Marine Max store. Found out
when I went there for service last Thursday. So far, the same guys are there
and the attitude in service remains positive. Hope MM is smart and lets the
store continue to attract new customers and take care of old ones. Time will
tell and I'm hopeful.

Butch

Harry wrote: BOAT/US is and always has been a private business run as a
money-making
venture by Richard Schwartz, a very smart and sometimes difficult
Washington businessman. I did some consulting work for Schwartz eons
ago. BOAT/US was the offshoot of Schwartz and some of his buddies at AAA.