Blankibr

Margaret is snipped: I would like a boat that I can load on to our Thule roof
rack myself. I am considering the Perception Sundance, Monterey,
Carolina, or Sonoma 13.5, or the Current Designs Breeze.

Of those boats, I like the Sonoma 13 best. I find it fun and light. It is
smaller than the Carolina or Breeze (my next choices) and won't be as fast.
The Sonoma will also need bow floatation unlike the other two. If you want to
go far (10+ miles) go with the Carolina. If you want short trips, easy to
carry and load, go with the Sonoma.

My boats are much heavier and longer, but I paddle greater distances and faster
than I would in any of the boats you mentioned.

Of course the best advice is to try them and then decide. I would also throw
in a higher performance kevlar boat just for comparisons.

Brian Blankinship
One man's opinion is worth just that. If you ask 12 paddlers this question,
you will get 14 answers.