Short Wave Sportfishing

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:41:39 GMT, "Tony Abbott"
wrote:

Question about prop and shaft rotations... we have twin engines with
counter rotational engines, 1 clockwise, 1 counter clockwise.... we also
have a LH prop and a RH prop currently not on the shafts... thus the
question...

Trying to confirm that a clockwise turning shaft in forward gear needs a LH
prop and thus a TH prop would go on a counter-clockwise turning shaft in
forward gear... can someone confirm my thoughts???

Thanks for any and all responses... and no I am not the one who removed the
props and failed to record which one came off which side...

Assuming that you can do this, turn the motors over and look at the
rotation. The RH prop should go on the starboard side and the LH prop
should go on the port side. Which, when you think about it, makes
sense.

Which brings up an interesting question.

What if the RH rotating engine was on the port side and vice verse.
Would there be any change in performance?

Just curious.

Later,

Tom
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653