LaBomba182

Subject: Prop Question
From: "Tony Abbott"

Question about prop and shaft rotations... we have twin engines with
counter rotational engines, 1 clockwise, 1 counter clockwise.... we also
have a LH prop and a RH prop currently not on the shafts... thus the
question...

Trying to confirm that a clockwise turning shaft in forward gear needs a LH
prop and thus a TH prop would go on a counter-clockwise turning shaft in
forward gear... can someone confirm my thoughts???

Thanks for any and all responses... and no I am not the one who removed the
props and failed to record which one came off which side...

Typicaly, the RH prop goes on the stbd side (clockwise rotation when viewed
from the rear) and the LH goes on the port side (counter clockwise rotation
when view from the rear).
Look on the trannies, there maybe a lable that tells you which way they rotate.

Capt. Bill