Ilv2sl

The 108 amp Delco alternator I have does have an internal regulator. I can't
remember if the 12 Volt Doctor's Alternator Book talks about this conversion.
Ed Beyn is the man for 12 volt info.
I made my first manual controller, back around 1990, after talking to him at
his shop in Annapolis, and following his instructions. A wire and a lightbulb
were all that was needed!
I'll hunt down a copy of his book.

There is a book called "The 12 Volt Doctor's Alternator Book" by
Edgar J. Beyn. It details many types of alternators and perhaps your
unit is in there. Seems like a pretty straightforward to remove an
internal regulator. It sounds like from your description, the alternator
you have does not have an internal regulator. In that case you only
need to be able to connect to the field terminal to use most
any smart regulators.

Doug
s/v Callista