Doug Dotson

There is a book called "The 12 Volt Doctor's Alternator Book" by
Edgar J. Beyn. It details many types of alternators and perhaps your
unit is in there. Seems like a pretty straightforward to remove an
internal regulator. It sounds like from your description, the alternator
you have does not have an internal regulator. In that case you only
need to be able to connect to the field terminal to use most
any smart regulators.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Ilv2sl" wrote in message
Can anyone give me info, or a site to get info for converting a Delco
alternator from internal voltage regulator to an external regulator?
I have been using a slightlly modified Delco 108 amp alt. for 6 years,
with
homebrewed manual charge controllers, and am thinking of trying one of the
new
smart regulators.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks