DM

Default Swim platform question

I have a 1999 Chaparral 1930SS bowrider. I recently checked with my local
dealer about adding an extended swim platform. He said that he doesn't
recommend it and that Chaparral will make me sign a waiver if I buy from
them. I am told the reason is that in 1999, the transom is not as thick as
it is now and might not be able to support it.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? I have e-mailed a couple of
after-market dealers with the same question and am waiting to hear from
them. It seems like I could add a piece of wood or metal to the inside to
help distribute the load if I needed to. But since I am still new to
boating, I thought I would get as many opinions as I could! I would rather
err on the side of caution than damage the boat.

Thanks in advance,

Dave in NH.