Shen44

Subject: fuel use for sailboats
From: (Andreas Borchert)
Date: 09/20/2004 11:48 Pacific Standard Time
In article , JAXAshby wrote:
remember, the term entered this thread when some fraud claiming to be
a college professor totally misused the word.

Please do not call me a fraud. If you have any doubts about my identity,
just send an email to
and ask for

Jax (here after referred to as Doodles) calls everyone a fraud .... to begin
with.
One learns quickly when dealing with Doodles, to take most of what he says as
the ramblings of a "Wannabe" who still hasn't decided what exactly he
"Wannabe".
For instance .... he still thinks that planes and boats react the same and that
the FAA is the only authority on navigation and all things "boating".
Doodles is the guy you'll see coming into an anchorage with his wireless
computer on his lap doing a "google" search for the Physics of tidal
computations versus proper catenary for various chain sizes, versus boat
displacement under given wind conditions using three strand or plaid line of
nylon or dacron poly of so many feet versus so many feet of chain with a
Fortress, Danforth, Navy standard, etc. anchor...... who ends up beaching,
cause he forgot to steer by compass (and we all know what Doodles thinks of
compasses) and couldn't trust his 4 GPS and two DGPS.

Shen