Default charging deep cycle trolling battery with truck

Thanks for the response. The inverter is off unless I'm using it - and
if it wasn't it's cooling fan might drain my primary battery overnight
with the engine not running. Also, the inverter works, but inverters
are anything but efficient, alot is lost in the exchange from DC to
AC. And if left connected to a drained battery on the output side it
would attempt to charge it with a battery that is not being fed
alternator power. I'm sure it also takes alot of AC to charge DC too.