Wayne B

Default inverter vibration damage???

wrote in message . ..
I got a Coleman PMP 2000 inverter, mounted it to the
rear wall of the hull on a houseboat, and hooked it
to the batteries. It ran a drill for a few trys, so I figured
things were good. I took the boat out, and the next
day tried using the inverter. It wouldn't run anything,
but the green power light stayed on. I thought that
maybe the vibration of the wall it was mounted to
while the engine was running could be enough to
damage it, but I went and felt it with the engine
running and it doesn't seem like much vibration to
me...not that it should be enough to damage the
inverter. The vibration of the wall of a truck or
camper would probably be a lot worse, but I'm
wondering what other people might think about it.

Before you do anything else check to see if the inverter has a circuit
breaker that may have tripped, and also double check your connections
to the battery.
Anything is possible but I'd be inclined to doubt vibration as the
source of the problem. FYI, Walmart has a fairly decent 700 watt
inverter (1400 watt peak) for about $70.