Doug Kanter

"JohnH" wrote in message

Chuck, there is a difference between saying 'there were atrocities

committed'
and, "'Such behavior was common in Vietnam..."

You are perfectly welcome to believe Harry, and assume that we witnessed
atrocities daily, or as a 'commonplace' occurrence. You are even welcome

believe Harry's assertions that I committed atrocities while in Vietnam.

I think you may be bumping into a difference of opinion here. If soldiers
reasoned that it was a good thing to waste an entire household, they may
have been functioning with the best information possible. It was probably
done by quite a few soldiers, but perhaps not on the scale of My Lai. Others
may consider this an atrocity, but done it anyway because it seemed correct
at the moment.