JDavis1277

Default How Would You Rate This Boat Dealer???

Well, switches fail as do connections and the odd fuse now and again. Sure
could account for the tilt/trim problem. Could even be the hydraulic
adjustment.

Factory manual is a good investment whenever purchasing a powerplant.

Just because a boat is used for ocean fishing is no reason to use bottom paint,
IMO. In fact, if a boat is normally trailered between fishing trips it's
counterproductive to use bottom paint and an added uneeded maintenance problem
as well.

If a boat is moored for days at a time that could be a whole other story. On a
small boat that's a job the owner could probably do best if lifting devices
were available. Last time I used bottom paint it was important to scuff up the
bottom before application of paint. It was also a good idea to ensure all the
mold release wax(?) was removed before sanding to scuff up the gelcoat. Like
most paint work it's critical to follow instructions. Quality paint is also a
good investment. After all, who wants to do it too often or redo it if it
fails to stick?? Ask around the area to see who is happy with the paint used
on the type of boat in to be painted. BOAT/US is often a good source of advice
on paint selection.

Butch

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:17:05 +0000, Ernie wrote:

Bought a new white 17' Trophy, a 90HP Merc engine and a new trailer last

June.
Since it's for ocean fishing I had them paint the bottom. In July the

paint was
coming off at the water line and the switch that controls the ups of the

engine
died. I could bring it down but I couldn't bring it up. Called the dealer,
which is located some 45 minutes away, and told him about my problems.

SNIP