Mac

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:18:02 -0700, Conrad Hartmann wrote:

All-

I know little about West System et al and boat hull repair. I need
some guidance and appreciate all the help I get. Thanks in advance.

My questions:
(1) What is West System? Is is a Polyester resin, a Vinyl ester resin,
or an Epoxy resin fiberglass repair solution?. How do these compare? I
am over simplifying the options?

As you know by now from other responses, "West System" is the name of a
group of epoxy resins, hardeners, and related products.

I'll just add that they have a pretty good reputation. I've used West
epoxies and fillers with good results. You can easily get all of their
products from, for example, West Marine (if you are in the USA).

[snip]

Thank you.

Regards.

good luck!