Joe

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Were measured at 55 foot last night off the coast of Pensacola.

That's the biggest waves I've ever heard of in the Gulf of Mexico.
30 footers are not to uncommon.

A 55 footer would be one hell of a ride.

yeah! up and over the local 7-11 store.

The really bigs waves were close to 100 miles offshore Scotty.
The area is called Mississippi canyon. Its almost as big as the grand
canyon but its underwater and the waves formed close to the canyons
rim. One company lost a really big 400 million + dollar drilling rig
called the Neptune. It was found 78 miles off location today and seems
to be in undamaged condition minus all 8 of the anchors and anchor
cables.

Oh well... some of my buddies will make some mucho denero putting her
back in her place and settin her new anchors. Makes me wish I owned an
anchor handling boat. Setting anchors in 1100 foot of water pays well.

Joe

Scotty